Mueller Water Products is the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries and has an immediate opening for a Machinist in our newest Kimball, TN facility. For over 160 years MWP's manufacturing commitment has ensured one of the world's most precious resources, clean drinking water, reaches millions of people daily. Come be a part of something that sustains and enriches the lives of every human being.
Mueller's manufacturing commitment ensures one of the world's most precious resources, clean drinking water, reaches millions of people daily. Come be a part of something that sustains and enriches the lives of every human being. As a Machinist, you will set up, program, and operate CNC and or various other types of machines (including brands such as DMG Mori, Toshiba, Doosan, Mazak, Puma, Fortune, and Nakamura-Tome, among others), , maintain quality and safety standards, and perform routine maintenance on equipment and supplies as needed.
- Read blueprints, engineering plans, material documents, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Understand the programming of mills and lathes through conversational software & G & M code by instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; and proving out-part programs.
- Setup of mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers, indicating vices, and tramming heads.
- Setup, loading, and adjustment of bar feeder systems.
- Verify machine settings by measuring positions, first-run parts, and sample workpieces.
- Maintain appropriate specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain equipment by performing routine preventive maintenance in accordance with manufacturer recommendations, troubleshooting malfunctions, and ordering repairs as needed.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts in pass off procedure by documenting actions, irregularities, and continuing operational needs, as well as communicating issues or irregularities to appropriate team lead or supervisor.
- Maintain appropriate operational documentation, including production and quality logs.
- Keep work area and department clean and organized.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to all relevant safety guidelines, procedures, and regulations and flagging any equipment or safety issues to the appropriate team lead, supervisor, maintenance, or EHS personnel utilizing "Stop, Call, Wait" procedure.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and product drawings.
- Ability to setup, program, and operate CNC machines or manual machines.
- Strong personal commitment to safety standards in industrial and/or manufacturing environments.
- Advanced math skills with the ability to understand measuring/measurement concepts and their applications.
- Familiarity with thread gauges, ring gauges, ID/OD micrometers, and other measuring devices.
- Ability to read and use micrometer calipers and other measuring devices.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years programming, setting up, operating, and troubleshooting CNC machines in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
- Advanced CNC programming certification
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to, safety glasses, steel-toed or metatarsal-guarded shoes, and/or ear plugs, while working in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use hands to handle, feel, or manipulate objects with fingers.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, and reach within hands and/or arm's length.
- Ability to frequently stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to occasionally reach overhead or at or below shoulder level.
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders or steps in confined spaces, as required by work area.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects between 25 and 50 pounds in weight in all directions.
- Ability to remain in stationary or standing position for prolonged periods and to alternate between positions as necessary.
- Ability to repeat gross or fine manipulation that may include the use of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to perform close visual inspections of products, which may include specific vision requirements.
- Ability to work in an open warehouse environment, subject to seasonal weather (hot/cold).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.
This job has expired.