The Manager of Data Engineering will be an accomplished technology manager with specific focus on database architecture, development, and change management. This individual will work in a fast-paced, start-up environment and play an integral role in driving innovative use of technology to significantly differentiate Paladina Health in the primary care marketspace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Continuously improve the data engineering and data warehouse technology strategy, in alignment with overall business strategy, product roadmap, and business requirements.
- Develop and execute on technology architecture to support both internal and customer-facing systems.
- Collaborate with Business Owners and Product Manager to prioritize, design, solution architecture, and development of technical solutions to automate and streamline businesses processes in the organization.
- Participate in the new software initiation and planning process
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations for enterprise data needs.
Database Development and Maintenance:
- Responsible for the software development using various technologies including AWS, Snowflake, and Matillion for all data engineering and data warehouse projects.
- Be a technical champion for the organization, provide technical solutions to support all channels.
- Be a data champion for the organization, continue to build upon the existing technology stack that has been introduced.
- Takes ownership of the data integration processes built within Matillion to load and normalize data for downstream consumption.
- Provide platform support and system recommendation for the data platform.
- Setting best practices including data modeling, data integration, database development, and testing, leading code reviews & technical design sessions, writing and reviewing technical design specifications.
- Responsible for data security management
- Support all channels of the business for data management and data quality needs: Operations, Clinical, Sales, Marketing, and Human Resources
- Maintain and evolve dimensional data models and schema designs to improve performance efficiency
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team to manage AWS technologies and processes used for data integration and data extracts.
- Develop and Support the code and configuration repository
- Recruit, motivate, retain, and enhance top-tier Engineering and DevOps teams
- Manage a development team comprised of mid to senior level resources.
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance & mentoring to developers
- Provide mentorship and guidance to the data engineering team.
- Balance a high quality, high-output engineering mindset with the demands of a high-growth fast-paced business.
- Manage the data engineering and data warehouse portfolio of software development projects and related efforts.
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product stakeholders to deliver enterprise solutions within budgeted time and cost
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Relationship Management:
- Develop strong relationships with peers in IT and Operations to ensure services and solutions meet their needs and establish measures, processes, and service levels.
- Maintain and foster vendor relationships for the enterprise data domain.
- Collaborate, and manage onsite and offshore technology and software vendors
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics preferred
- 8+ years of experience in software development, preferably with a combination of big and small company environments.
PAY RANGE: $120,000-$140,000 PER YEAR
This job has expired.
- 7+ years of experience in Data Integration/Data Warehousing/Data Architecture roles
- 2+ years in Healthcare - Provider and/or Payer experience
- Experience working with Healthcare data: Claims, and Electronic Medical Records data (Clinical)
- 1+ years of experience working with Snowflake; AWS based preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with ETL tools and ETL/ELT methodology:
- Matillion (Preferred); or other tool such as Informatica, SSIS, DataStage and Talend
- Exposure to reporting tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Exposure to Salesforce Service cloud and its data model
- 3+ years managing teams of developers
- 3+ years of experience leading delivery of large database projects
- 3+ years of experience working with AWS solution architecture: S3, EC2, Lambda, and SQS
- Experience working as a solution architect preferred, completing proof of concepts.
- Scripting experience preferred: Python, .NET, Shell
- Experience creating, prioritizing, and executing IT projects.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience managing external - onsite and offshore vendor resources
- Knowledge of HIPAA, and healthcare data security practices
- Ability to collaborate with various development teams, business stakeholders, and client stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all end users; internal or external.