This job has expired.
Mercy Fitzgerald, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is looking for a Monitor Tech to support our Nursing Team! Completion of dysrhythmia course required before hiring.
7:00pm to 7:30am, 24 hours per week with every other weekend rotation.
The Cardiac Monitor Technician is an essential member of the health care team who is responsible for recognition and interpretation of cardiac rhythms. The monitor technician recognizes the importance interpersonal skills in delivery of service to internal and external customers.
Performs essential duties of the Cardiac Monitor Technician role.
• Continuously observes all cardiac rhythms.
• Recognizes and interprets normal cardiac rhythms and dysrhythmias.
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to identify the effects of anti-arrhythmic agents.
• Maintains alarm settings at limits defined by MFH Policy.
• Maintains patient records per MFH Policy.
o Documents rhythm strips at defined intervals.
o Documents all dysrhythmias, notifies RN, and faxes strip to nursing unit.
• Utilizes effective communication skills with all members of the health care team.
• Notifies nurse promptly of changes in cardiac rhythms.
• Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize.
• Responds appropriately to emergency situations.
• Provides accurate, concise verbal report to oncoming cardiac monitor technician.
• Maintains monitoring equipment supplies.
High School Diploma. Successful completion of dysrhythmia course.
Ability to read and recognize issues with monitor strips and machinery.
One year experience as monitor technician preferred.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.