About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia Group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has approximately 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Under the direction of Project Management, performs work involving the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Orleans Wastewater Infrastructure including an SBR Treatment Facility, Collections System and Lift Stations, Aquifer Recharge for effluent disposal and all related, equipment, buildings, and grounds.
- Performs a variety of basic operational and maintenance tasks relevant to maintaining safe and reliable operations of water/wastewater treatment facilities and systems ensuring operational compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Routine cleaning and general housekeeping duties in work and plant areas as assigned, including but not limited to sweeping, dusting, mopping, painting, and cleaning of other process equipment and areas.
- Perform work in a safe and professional manner by following all corporate and regulatory policies, procedures, and emergency response procedures.
- Work weekends, holidays, and be on-call on a rotating basis/schedule with fellow operators.
- Respond to emergencies, work additional hours as required to complete tasks as/and when needed.
- Assists project and department to develop a culture of focus and engagement at the project to achieve EH&S excellence.
- Completes and maintains proper operational and maintenance documents and records.
- Performs cleanup/housekeeping activities at all facilities, buildings, and grounds.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work is performed both inside and outside with exposure to all kinds of weather conditions.
- The incumbent may be occasionally exposed to some noise, silica, dust, fumes, smoke, gases, greases, oils, electrical energy, solvents, and vibrations.
- Incumbent may work on slippery/uneven surfaces, around machinery with moving parts, moving objects/vehicles, and ladder/scaffolding, below ground and may be exposed to water and other liquid materials.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Less than 2 years of experience in the water or wastewater industry or related fields.
- Strong reading, math, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Windows, Office and/or CMMS
- Troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of fundamentals of chemistry, math principles and hydraulics preferred.
- Ability to understand/execute written and oral instructions, read/understand instructions.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and/or verbal work orders and assignments.
- Ability to perform simple math calculations with the use of a calculator.
- Ability to learn and utilize CMMS system to schedule and complete work orders.
- Ability to properly collect water quality samples, test and maintain collection records.
- Must be able to work as a team in a teamwork-oriented environment.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Valid Driver's license.
- Ability to obtain MA Grade 2 Wastewater Treatment Operator license within 24 months of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to talk or listen/hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs, sit.
- Must have manual dexterity.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.