This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with a diverse team of technical experts to solve a variety of complex problems in a fun and dynamic environment. With flexibility to use the latest tools and technology, imagination and creativity are the only limitations on your impact!
The Senior Operations Research Engineer will be a member of the Digital Americas organization. Digital Americas is a multi-disciplinary technical team comprised of data scientists, software engineers and operations research experts. The team serves Linde's global business units and is tasked with creating analytics and decision support software solutions for complex problems.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand product requirements and define appropriate technical solutions
- Lead technical development of cutting-edge analytics and decision support tools
- Stay abreast of new technology and actively contribute ideas for new programs
- Balance development of new solutions with replication and support of existing tools
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Operations Research with a specialization in data science or operations research
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of operations research theory with practical development experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for technology with a strong emphasis on user experience and business value
- Ability to succinctly convey complex solutions to business stakeholders and executive leadership
- Willingness to work in an agile and dynamic environment
- Availability to travel up to 30%, domestic and international
- MS or higher degree in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or Operations Research with a specialization in in data science or operations research
- Ability to develop, implement and support production level data science pipelines and APIs
- Experience with APIs and microservices
- Experience with web application development
- Experience deploying solutions to cloud providers, preferably Azure
- Experience designing and using relational databases, NoSQL data stores and data historians
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with Docker and Linux environments
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.