Position: Outside Sales Representative
Location: Syracuse, NY
Compensation: Based on experience (salary + commission)
What We Are Looking For
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for independently meeting and exceeding the needs of current customers, finding new prospects and customers in new and established markets via following leads, cold-calling and possibly limited travel. The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for developing and implementing sound selling strategies to new prospects and for achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual contracted budgeted sales goals.
What You Will Do
- Identify viable leads, manage prospects and sell all NOCO products offered to exceed monthly established targeted profitable growth goals.
- Utilize the Company's Contact Relationship Management (CRM) tool on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate the acquisition of new business.
- Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
- Proactively communicate with, or respond to, customers in conjunction with the Company's pricing and product initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing client base; follow up with key decision makers.
- Establish long-term relationships with contracted customers in designated market.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company's available services, products, and pricing structures and sell into existing and prospective commercial and industrial clients, as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
- Meet regularly with Sales Executive as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
- Track all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
- Build relationships and increase Company visibility through the participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary.
- Act as a company representative at community events, where required.
- Complete all required Service Agreements, contracts, and CRM entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Promptly respond to all customer and prospective clients inquiries.
- Develop relationships with all other company sales team members in creating cross-sell opportunities and product knowledge share.
- Assist in the sales management of assigned large individual NOCO customer as determined by Sales Executive.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What You Will Need
What We Offer
- Associate's degree in Business, Management, Marketing or related field
- Five years of experience in sales and/or customer service
- Valid Driver's License
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
- Meets or exceeds sales activity goals
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner
- Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow-through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
- Possess the financial acumen to complete account profitability analysis
- Is self-motivated; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times
- Competency in the following computer programs: MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.Professional business attire may be required at external customers meetings including jacket and tie
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company-paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
- Employee discounts
This job has expired.