Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy is now part of CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx), and a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. Together, CarelonRx and BioPlus offer consumers and providers an unparalleled level of service that's easy and focused on whole health. Through our distinct clinical expertise, digital capabilities, and broad access to specialty medications across a wide range of conditions, we deliver an elevated experience, affordability, and personalized support throughout the consumer's treatment journey. As a Pharmacy Technician I, you will be responsible for the interpretation and data entry of basic prescriptions, prior authorization processing, and troubleshooting adjudication issues.
Position Title: Pharmacy Technician I - Data Entry
Location: Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model (virtual and office) with PulsePoint sites used for collaboration, community, and connection. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location. This position will take part in Elevance Health's hybrid work model which includes virtual work and 3-4 days in-office per week.
Shift: Full-time, Monday-Friday: Available shifts 10-7, 11-8, 12-9. Holiday and differential pay offered.
How you will make an impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Verifies member information and inputs data for the pharmacists.
- Educates members on pharmacy-based rules related to prescriptions and medication resources or assistance programs.
- Processes prior authorization requests from physicians offices and ensures compliance with Medicare requirements; informs relevant parties of all prior authorization determinations.
- Provides resolution to grievances and appeals issues.
- Responds to inquiries from physicians, sales team, and members related to formulary and prescription benefits.
- Generates reports relating to rebates, physician utilization, Beers Criteria, Reliance members, and other ad hoc reports.
- Maintains record keeping of prior authorizations, rebates, and monthly reports.
- If this job is used in Simply Healthcare or Americas First Choice, no UM approval or denial activities will be performed by the associate.
- Requires H.S. diploma or equivalent and minimum of 1 year of pharmacy experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current State Pharmacy Tech. Certification or National Certification based on applicable state(s) required.
- Experience working in Specialty Pharmacy preferred.
- Experience working in retail pharmacy preferred.
- Data Entry experience preferred.
- Experience with CPR+ preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Rx preferred.
- Problem solving skills preferred.
- Adaptability to change preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health. Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities - and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Elevance Health approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.