Basic Job Functions:
The role of the Process Engineer includes but is not limited to:
- Collaborating with the production and quality team to improve and develop sustainable manufacturing techniques.
- Assisting in the implementation of safety, cost, efficiency, and quality improvements.
- Providing detailed root cause analysis for process failures
- Supporting facility operations as needed
- Support internal and external customers
This position will be based at our Shelbyville, IN facility with up-to 25% travel expected.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:
- Technical Degree in a related field (e.g., Automotive Management/Engineering, Industrial, Metallurgical, Materials, or Mechanical)
- 3 years of experience in quality, operations or manufacturing
- Combination of formal metallurgical education and heat-treating experience
- Working experience with Statistical Processes
- Experience conducting product failure analysis, root cause and effect analysis and structural problem solving (8D, 5 whys)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including SharePoint
- Cold Heading, CHQ, and Annealing experience
NO phone calls please.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Nucor will not sponsor the need for a visa now or in the future. Candidates must be able to perfom all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accomodation.Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.