From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational programs covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
In November 2021, CBRE acquired controlling ownership interest in Turner & Townsend forming a strategic partnership between the firms. Effective January 1, 2023, CBRE Heery, formerly operating under CBRE, will now operate as a subsidiary of Turner & Townsend Inc. CBRE Heery will continue under the legal entity name "CBRE Heery" until such time that a formal name change to "Turner & Townsend Heery" is made.
CBRE Heery is seeking an experienced Project Controls Manager to act as the day-to-day interface with our high profile client and pilot advanced cost/project controls.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of cost and project controls from pre- construction to close out.
Pre-construction/ Design/ Planning
- Work with GC and AE to create and establish the Master Project Schedule, based on the Critical Path and key milestones.
- Create and establish the Master Project Budget, including soft costs and hard costs.
- Support contract negotiation, typically in concert with the Client's PM and legal counsel, including establishment of all GC "business terms" including mark-ups, fees, insurance, labor rates, escalation, etc.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, and recommendations, delay analysis.
- Budget Management and Tracking.
- Invoice / Payment Application processing, tracking and reporting.
- Manage weekly progress reports with the General Contractor.
- Provide review reports.
- Produce earned value reports.
- Review GC's cost tracking reports.
- Reconcile GC actual costs with GMP/ Schedule of Values.
- Compile as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes.
- Maintain cost benchmarking database.
- Maintain onsite records and document control.
- Tracking of all key project documents, including change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc.
- Manage GC and other directly contracted vendors by working with the onsite Construction Management team.
- Manage Cost / Change Control, including change order review, negotiation, & recommendations, delay analysis.
- Ensure Budget Management and Tracking.
- Schedule monitoring, tracking and analysis.
- Ensure document control (track and coordinate addenda, bulletins, new drawing sets, clarifications, etc) process is in place.
- Ensure QA/QC is being followed and report any issues/gaps.
- Ensure tracking of all key project documents, including submittals, RFI's, change orders, invoices and payments, lien releases, etc is being enforced.
- Coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors working with supply chain and consultants.
- Initiate close out process prior to project completion, typically two to three months in advance with the client doc control team, setting timelines and responsibilities.
- Establish close out documentation requirements. Ensure receipt of all close-out documents until completion, including warranties, as-builts, O&M manuals, etc.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit final project accounting and budget.
- Assist client in scheduling, coordination and management of all Owner-direct vendors, consultants.
- Skilled in the use of industry accepted applications for cost, planning and progress measurement.
- Experience with cost loaded schedules.
- Good knowledge of construction industry technical matters, such as different procurement routes, value management and value engineering.
- Advanced skills with spreadsheets, report writing and presentations.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and quickly-changing environment.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite of applications.
- Experience with cloud based software.
- P6 scheduling knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-organization, coordination and planning.
- Self-Motivated and proactive.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs.
- Ability to present to senior management to gain approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, be a team player and integrate easily with others.
- Must have strong and professional English oral and written communication skills.
- Full passport with no geographical limitation.
- Cost and Schedule experience with large-scale ground-up, commercial high-rise or multi-story construction projects.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant construction experience working in a Cost focused Project Controls role.
- Minimum of 5 years relatable experience working on corporate real estate and/or high tech construction projects.
- Degree qualifications preferred; ideally in construction, cost management or quantity surveying.
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/
Turner & Townsend does not accept any speculative or unsolicited CV's that have been sent to our internal recruitment team or hiring managers from agencies outside of our preferred supplier list or that have not followed due process. Any speculative or unsolicited CV's will be treated as a direct application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects: TwitterInstagramLinkedIn
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.
This job has expired.