CUMULUS MEDIA | Detroit, MI is in search of a hard-working part time Promotions Assistant. If you have an outgoing personality and have a passion for radio and promotions/marketing, this is a great opportunity for you! This job will include supporting the Promotions Manager in all contesting on WDRQ and WDVD plus general office duties as well as going out into the community to interact with listeners in support of our stations.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Detroit, MI Our local stations in Detroit include 96.3 WDVD-FM, and New Country 93.1 - WDRQ-FM. The Promotions Assistant will directly assist the Promotions Manager in daily in-office tasks such as prize fulfillment, event preparation, contest building, prize sheet creation, station vehicle maintenance, prize and equipment inventory, and daily tasks.
The Promotions Assistant will also assist the promotions team on-site and will travel around the area and represent the Cumulus stations at specified events, acting as a Brand Ambassador. This includes set-up and breakdown of pop-up tents and tables, hanging banners, interacting with listeners, and registering people to win prizes. To join the team, you must be able to lift 50 pounds, and be on your feet for extended periods of time.
We're looking for driven, detail-oriented, charismatic applicants with a smiling face, organizational skills, attentive and an outgoing personality with a passion for radio. If you love talking to people and listening to great radio, this could be the perfect job for you.
- Assist in planning, organizing & execution of promotional events and digital campaigns
- Execute proper technical and physical set-up and breakdown of remote broadcasts and station events; ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues on the fly
- Represent stations at events in an upbeat, outgoing and friendly manner
- Data Entry of Promotional events and contesting
- Create e-blasts, social media posts & website posts; review promotional information and graphics
- Inventory and maintenance of prize closet, calendars, events for current and upcoming promotions
- Assisting the Promotions and Marketing Department with projects as needed in the office
- Assist with vehicle inspections, fuel and coordinating maintenance
- Ability to drive station vehicles with attached trailer
- Maintain and storage of station equipment
What we offer:
- No experience necessary, however Customer Service experience helpful
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Reliable; have a flexible schedule and be available to work at least 20 hours per week, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- May require lifting or moving up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Outgoing, energetic, detail-oriented and responsible
- Proficient using computers and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Event experience a plus
- Strong Social Media skills with sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask "what if" and try innovative solutions
For immediate consideration, please visit
URL blocked - click to apply
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at:
URL blocked - click to applyCUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network! Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Detroit, MI Job Type
Media - Journalism - Newspaper Experience
Not Specified Date Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
This job has expired.