A sales and service position with a primary goal of helping customers by discovering financial needs and processing transactions. The Relationship Banker will provide an outstanding customer experience by resolving customer issues, opening new accounts, and offering convenience services. Relationship Bankers will also partner with the branch team and specialists (loan officers, financial consultants, and business bankers) to ensure our customers have access to experts who can help them achieve their financial goals. Position is responsible for being a role model for Flagstar Bank's customer-centric culture, while embracing diversity and maintaining ethics and integrity.
Operates with more authority and experience than a Financial Service Representative. This position will have greater lending and basic investment interactions and will participate in more complex banking conversations with customers.
- Meet and exceed sales and referral goals by working with customers to build and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs, and recommending the best products, services and solutions to meet those needs. Ensure the customer's needs are met by partnering with the appropriate specialist (branch team, FC, and MLO) to serve the customer's banking, mortgage and investment needs. This may include participation in 'Call Nights'.
- Process Transactions/Customer Service. Greet customers and ask questions to determine their needs. Process financial transactions (cash and non-cash bank transactions, balance inquiries, cashier's checks, money orders, cash advances with credit cards, etc.) in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with operational and regulatory guidelines. Assist with customer questions and/or issues relating to their accounts. Demonstrate strong customers service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction.
- Maintain operational standards including balancing cash drawers at the end of each shift, processing CTR reports and transactions, and opening and closing procedures of the branch. May also include ATM and vault balancing, opening and closing procedures of the branch, etc. Acquire and maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and bank operating systems.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- 1+ year of previous retail banking experience or 1+ year of equivalent finance, sales or customer service experience
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- Life, Health, Series 6/63, and/or NMLS Registration preferred (not required)
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Demonstrated computer proficiency
- Desire and willingness to call on prospects and existing clients for sales opportunities.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of exceeding goal expectations by exemplifying appropriate behaviors and values.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality using tact and diplomacy
- Maintain professional dress attire and demeanor
- Ability to work branch hours, including weekends and some evenings
This job has expired.