7180 - Merrillville - 1370 East 79th Place, Merrillville, Indiana, 46410
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Inspire exceptional performance
At CarMax, we attribute our success to putting people first. As a Sales Manager at CarMax, you will provide store associates with the support and motivation they need to focus on their customers. Your leadership will encourage your team to do their best and drive sales for your location. It is our associates like you that have helped make us one of the nation's largest retailer of used cars. If you know how to achieve results by coaching and developing other people, we'll give you all the opportunities you need to build an outstanding and rewarding career in our fast-growing business.
What you will do - Essential responsibilities
When your team succeeds, you succeed
- Lead a commissioned team and work alongside other sales managers to achieve strong sales results for your location
- Recognize the skills and goals of each of your team members and work with them to build a development plan
- Analyze and track sales performance to meet targets
- Solve problems and look for new opportunities to ensure our customers receive the best possible experience
Sales Managers at CarMax come from many different backgrounds but they all share our commitment to achieving results through our people-first mentality. We'll build on your experience with six to nine months of sales manager training. You will learn in store and through business rotations, working alongside sales consultants and more experienced managers before taking on your own team. We're looking for outstanding communicators with leadership and interpersonal skills, who have proven their ability to manage sales metrics and sales people and who want to share in the success of a ground-breaking retail business.Qualifications and requirements
- At least three years of management experience; experience in a sales environment is preferred
- Execute long- and short-term sales strategies
- Experience in establishing action plans to drive performance of sales
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Motivate, inspire and get buy-in from others
- Flexibility to provide cover for store opening hours, including evenings and weekends
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.