Job Title: Construction Risk/Fleet Manager
Department: Accounting / Finance
Location: 348 New County Road, Secaucus, NJ
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Date: September 16, 2022
On the risk side, the ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing all insurance programs and policies and mitigate risk by identifying liability exposure. On the fleet side, responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating programs for acquisition, assignment, utilization, and disposal of approximately 75 vehicles. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work alongside the project management, safety, and accounting teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage day-to-day interaction between all project participants and insurers related to risk management and insurance issues.
- Manage all aspects of contract review as it pertains to insurance and bond issues.
- Oversee and manage the claims process (workers compensation, general liability and automobile liability) to include oversight of third-party administrators, insurers and defense attorneys as well as compiling all supporting documentation relating to claims and suits.
- Review and analyze terms and conditions associated with Controlled Insurance Programs (OCIPs and CCIPs); responsible for enrollment, secure COI for off-site and on-site and coordinate all claims and safety requirements with project team.
- Review and analyze loss control and coordinate with safety and project teams to develop an action plan.
- Analyze and understand insurable risks and potential risk mitigation opportunities
- Assist with compilation and development of data for annual renewals.
- Obtain, review and process a high volume of insurance certificate requests.
- Communicate company policy requirements and enforce adherence.
- Responsible for compliance with Parent's risk management manual.
- Work closely with CFO and safety team in preparation of various claims and safety reporting required by the Parent company.
- Coordinate training sessions for project teams to understand risk issues.
- Maintaining accurate records of all our vehicles.
- Processing of insurance cards and registration through New Jersey DMV.
- Maintenance of van and driver files.
- Assist with training of drivers in our fleet program.
- Pre-screening of potential new hires who will operate vehicles.
- Handle paperwork for purchasing and disposal of vehicles.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
PREFERRED SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-10 years' experience working in the construction industry.
- Understanding CCIP/OCIP projects is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the claims process is preferred.
- Insurance and risk management experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the construction industry, operations management, and safety practices a plus.
- Business writing and reporting skills
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills - ability to meet frequent deadlines.
- Strategic, analytical, and multi-tasking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must adapt quickly to various websites where information can be generated and accessed.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and appropriate concern regarding dissemination of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions and produce accurate and timely results in mind.
- Must prioritize and organize work in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must be comfortable to attending meetings and visiting jobsites as required.
- Must monitor and analyze data and solve problems on a tactical and strategic level.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may expect to work in typical office environment conditions except when visiting field locations. Field environments may vary based on project, manufacturing, or weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.F&G Mechanical requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. F&G Mechanical is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law. Notice to all prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine. EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process-it is probably fraudulent.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.