As a senior member of the Global Tax function, this position will report directly to the Senior Vice President-Global Head of Tax and will be a member of the global tax leadership team with diverse responsibilities supporting the Zoetis global tax team and various business functions. This role does not involve the practice of law on behalf of Zoetis.
- Perform and manage tax research with regard to both tax planning and commercial initiatives to be undertaken by the Company and clearly convey the results of such research, both orally and in technical memorandums.
- Manage, develop and implement tax planning strategies that meet the company's goals and objectives globally.
- Analyze new federal, state and local, and international tax legislation in order to determine the impact on Zoetis's existing and future tax positions and commercial operations, including analysis and commentary on proposed legislation.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Interface with members of the Tax Planning and Tax Operations teams to ensure proper alignment of tax planning and reporting.
- Manage and coordinate with external advisers.
- Provide support for mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other commercial initiatives including performance of due diligence, assisting with post-acquisition structure and integration, and preparation and/or review of draft agreements.
- Conduct tax research to assist in the determination of lawful tax minimization strategies and, where necessary, prepare technical memorandums supporting tax positions taken, or to be taken, by Zoetis.
- Assist with preparation and review of the U.S. Federal tax return and certain material state tax returns, including preparation and/or review of all necessary statements and elections.
- When necessary, assist with representation of Zoetis before federal, state and local tax and non-U.S. tax examiners to defend positions taken.
- Partner with other members of the global team on tax controversy and transfer pricing issues, including drafting and maintenance of intercompany agreements.
- Lead and/or assist with various special projects as needed.
- Contribute to the technical development of the global tax team members including creation and/or execution of technical tax training.
- Consult and collaborate with Zoetis's legal group as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintenance and adherence to policies and procedures that create a strong internal control environment under Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Serve as a partner to colleagues within finance and other Zoetis internal functions.
- Remain aware of Zoetis business issues to determine any potential tax implications.
- Communicate tax law changes that may impact Zoetis and/or its employees to senior management.
- Participate in and/or lead discussions with state and local and/or non-U.S. tax authorities regarding incentives for new plant construction, expansion, and similar initiatives.
- JD required
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance a plus
- LLM, MST, MBA, CPA a plus
Experience / Skills
- At least 12 years related business experience with excellent research, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in due diligence engagements, contract review and preparation, and mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other commercial arrangements.
- 5 years of management experience desirable.
- A combination of law firm and in house corporate tax department experience preferred.
- Very strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Very strong project management skills.
- Strong finance and business acumen
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.