In Operations, we have a big ambition - to deliver more medicines to patients, quicker and more affordably. Backed by the investment, leadership, and a clear plan to get there, we bring personal dedication and out-of-the-box thinking.
The AstraZeneca Newark Supply Site in Newark, DE, was established in 1971 and currently employs approximately 260 people. Over the course of these years, Newark has undergone many product portfolio changes since it first began as Stuart Pharmaceuticals through today as the designated AZ North America Packaging Center of Excellence and a Flexible Formulation site for global supply of complex products. The site provides a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities. It's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help maintain your best self, here's a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you: on-site fitness center access, lunch & learns, sustainable office working environment, team, site and family activities, life-long learning, diversity & inclusion, tuition reimbursement, and dining center.
The Packaging Engineer is a member of the Engineering team at the Newark site in support of Packaging of our life saving medicines.
What you'll do:
Essential for the Role:
- Leads or supports the following packaging projects and process improvement efforts: New Product Introductions (NPIs), product changes, cleaning validation, equipment issue resolution, new technology / equipment selection, installation, IQ OQ PQ protocol development and execution.
- Author and review validation and change control documents such as master plans, protocols, summary reports and change requests.
- Ensuring projects are designed and installed in compliance with all company standards, SOP policies and guidelines. All design and construction follows all Regulatory Agencies, Safety, Health and Environmental codes and regulations
- Delivery or development of project justification and engineering capital project execution.
Desirable for the Role:
- Bachelors degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline.
- Solid Dosage Packaging experience including Bottle Unscramblers, Fillers, Cappers, Labelers, Casepacking, Blister Thermoformers and Cartoners, Serialization, Aggregation, Validation Life Cycle document authoring and execution.
- Motivated self-starter able to perform at a high level in a cross functional team environment.
- Strong communication, technical writing, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Extensive experience working in an FDA regulated plant environment and in cGMPs.
- Training or experience in software systems for validation protocols, change controls, CAPAs and Deviations.
- Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Technical experience in Packaging Technologies.
- Management of multiple initiatives across a varied scope.
At AstraZeneca, we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development.So, what's next
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.