Cretex Medical is a leading contract manufacturer of precision components and assemblies for the medical device industry. Our customers view us as a trusted partner in the areas of injection molding, laser processing, stamping, metal forming and device assembly. Learn more at www.cretexmedical.com.
Set Up Production Technician Position Summary:
The Set Up Production Technician will support the Stamping business unit and be responsible for settings up and operating progressive presses as well as other equipment used in the manufacture of precision stamped components.
This positions shift schedule is Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm
Set Up Production Technician Responsibilities:
QualificationsSet Up Production Technician Responsibilities Qualifications:
- Responsible for job set up including selecting appropriate job program, material, machine settings and auxiliary equipment following specific work instructions.
- Operates progressive stamping presses (i.e. Bruderer, Dobby, Aida, etc.) to manufacture precision stamped components.
- Completes inspection of raw material, work in process, and finished parts for conformance to quality standards and customer expectations
- Troubleshoots the machine and investigates machine issues during production runs
- Makes adjustments to the stamping process to ensure quality requirements are maintained.
- Performs visual and measurement inspections and accurately documents the results.
- Interprets blueprints and follows control plans.
- Is able to work in a team environment and interact with multitude of organizations during manufacturing operations.
Set Up Production Technician Responsibilities Preferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment running machining equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with machine set up/change over.
- Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions, SOP's and training documents, including the ability to document and recommend improvements to processes.
- Ability to use hand tools such as a micrometer, pin gauge, caliper and dial indicator.
- Ability to use automated visual measurement systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment.
- Diploma in a machining related course from a technical or trade school or equivalent experience, preferred
View Full Job DescriptionPhysical & Environmental Demands:
Cretex Companies use cutting oils, solvents, and other chemicals in the manufacturing process. Testing is conducted on a periodic basis to ensure that all chemicals are kept well below the OSHA permissible exposure levels.What is it like to work at Cretex Medical?
We recognize the contribution of every individual and promote growth, safety and security for all our employees. Cretex Medical values performance and pays competitive wages along with a rich benefit package. We offer a positive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
Here are some of things that employees have said about working for Cretex Medical:
- "The culture at Cretex is collaborative. Everyone here is willing to help you whether it is a director, a machinist, or your boss. Everyone is always willing to help you figure out a project and get it done right."
- "I would tell potential interns that Cretex is a great company to work for. It has set a high bar for corporate culture as well as the quality of work you can do. I would definitely recommend it."
- "I learned that I really like the medical device industry. The importance and the gravity of what we do here is felt by the employees. You can have that passion in your work because you know what you are striving for is to save lives."
We encourage you to explore the many opportunities Cretex Medical can offer you as a valued team member. Company Benefits
Cretex Medical offers a full benefit package to its employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance options. Cretex Medical also offers a 401(k)-retirement plan with employer match, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability insurance, paid time off and holiday pay.
Cretex Medical also offers company-specific benefits, such as:
- Employee Appreciation events
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Training and Development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- New state-of-the-art facility in Brooklyn Park!
Applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, family status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected status as required by law. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment and eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
This job has expired.