Software Automation Engineer II
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Software Automation Engineer II, out of our office in Charlotte, NC.
The primary purpose is to write automation software (using language similar to C or Python). You will test the software by running vehicles and systems at the customer site and providing technical support.
Who You Are:
- A person who thrives and contributes in a team environment.
- You have a desire for knowledge and new challenges
- Enjoy a good work environment with a large support structure
- A cubicle is not for you. You prefer a hands-on role.
- Comfortable with a field-based role that includes significant travel greater than 50%
Vehicle Factory Pre-Test & Delivery to Customer
- Perform vehicle checkout at HYG facility.
- Set-up & Calibrations.
- Safety Assessments & Adjustments.
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical issues.
Road System Development for Customer Specific Site
- Design road system to meet signed Functional Requirement Specifications / Customer Specifications.
- Create / maintain site general arrangement drawing.
System Commissioning & Customer Training
- Perform vehicle route commissioning / validation.
- Setup wireless communication for system.
- Onsite Safety Assessments & Adjustments.
- Perform vehicle interface commissioning / validation (conveyors, racking, pick and drop locations, etc.)
- Test application software and interfaces between vehicles, middle ware, and customer host.
- Write training and support documentation.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and refine vehicle routes and traffic rules to optimize material flow.
- Deliver operator training to end customer.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Other Desired Skills:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Experience in programming and scripted language such as C or Python or similar.
- Experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, 3D models and mechanical assembly drawings.
- Wireless communication.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment, often in direct contact with the customer
Full timeWork Hours
HYG US Greenville, NC (Headquarters)Address
1400 Sullivan DriveZip Code
YesRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.