LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group
Explore our passion for discovery
Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We're adaptable, curious and ambitious. That's why here, you'll have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more.
Software Engineer III - (Home Based)
This is an opportunity to join a forward-thinking industry leader that presents a multitude of opportunities. We are a diverse workforce dedicated to an inclusive environment. We are interested in technologists who want to grow their careers with us here at LexisNexis Risk Solutions Company.
The Software Engineer III will be involved in the development, and maintenance of LexisNexis Risk Solutions enterprise web applications. This position requires an experienced engineer capable of operating with minimal supervision and a strong tendency to independent thought. This position will utilize the candidate's strong technical background and analytical skills.
• Responsible for development of web-based enterprise applications from specifications. Requires the ability to write robust code with built-in unit testing.
• Working closely with various teams to develop new products
• Logging and tracking of assigned defects to closure using standard tools.
• Responsible for staying current on advancements in technology, design practices, and architecture, as well as the latest software and networking processes, tools, and methods, and for making recommendations on how these advances can be applied to the current products and engineering practices
• Responsible for reporting progress against schedule for all assigned tasks on a regular basis
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
• Work closely with other development team members to understand moderately complex product requirements and translate them into software designs.
• Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Resolve technical issues as necessary.
• Keep abreast of new technology developments.
• Complete bug fixes.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 3+ years of related experience, including prior experience as a programmer in a commercial software development environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Major, or equivalent experience
• Expert-level development experience using Java, J2EE and Web Services
• Experience with Spring Boot, Micro Services, Spring MVC, Struts. Hibernate, JPA, Angular, Lucene, jQuery frameworks.
• Strong understanding of REST APIs, Graph QL and SOA web services with OAuth2 authentication.
• Experience working with Relational databases Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, PostgreSQL.etc.
• Hands on experience with messaging and streaming platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ.etc)
• Experience working with NoSQL databases Elastic Search and MongoDB plus.
• Experience with Java IDEs, preferably IntelliJ
• Experience with CI/CD and version control tools such as Git, Jenkins, etc
• Familiarity with AWS platform, Docker, Kubernetes and Cloud technologies.
• Experience and knowledge in Secure SDLC and Scrum Agile software development.
• Strong object-oriented design skills and a track record of delivering designs to market
• Solid verbal and written skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment
Spring, Micro Services, Spring Boot, REST API, GraphQL, Hibernate
Tomcat / Apache
Elastic Search/Mongo DB
Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
Oracle / SQL Server
HTML, Java Script, Angular
SDLC, Agile, SCRUM
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.