SPBM Data Analyst
BCforward is currently seeking a highly professional SPBM Data Analyst
Title - SPBM Data Analyst
Duration : 12+ Months
The position supports required data integration, reporting and transformation processes crucial to the implementation and function of the Gainwell Medicaid Fiscal Agent services product. Serves as a data analyst performing research on reporting needs, requirement analysis, design of data specifications, creation of mapping documents, presentation of findings to appropriate team members, clients and vendors. The data analyst will use SQL to build queries and will refine those queries into reports within the Microsoft SSRS tool.
- Facilitates and/or participates in JAD (Joint Application Design), RAD (Rapid Application Development) and DSD (Design Specifications Document) sessions to define and understand the business requirements and present detailed systems design documentation for reports, data interface files, data conversion and any other method of data exchange.
- Works aggressively to define project scope. Ties data interface roster elements back to a valid requirement. Works with the customer and account management to control the scope of the project.
- Responds to action items by assigned due dates.
- Escalates concerns to project management, such as delays or risks of delays as early as possible.
- Creates accurate queries, reports, data mapping documents according to the mapping process.
- Works toward delivering a first draft solution to ETL developers for coding, by rapidly understanding which details about the mapping can be deferred.
- Works closely with configuration team to ensure synchronicity of configuration to interfaces and mappings.
- Uses SQL, data models, data element dictionary and schema to perform data and business analysis.
- Creates unit test cases for area of responsibility.
- Supports Unit Testing, System Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Previous Work with analyzing, monitoring healthcare plan data focusing on medical claim and financial processing member eligibility processing, provider networks and MCO contract details, auditing and reporting in compliance with Federal and State requirements
- Knowledge of Payment Reform methodologies under the Affordable Care Act and related initiatives in the Medicaid space
- Ability to build queries and reports using Microsoft SQL.
- Analytical and data analysis skills using Microsoft SQL (required)
- Healthcare knowledge within a claims processing environment preferably in Medicaid
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by Gainwell policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
4 years data analysis and business knowledge within a healthcare environment and testing arena
3-5 years of Microsoft SQL experience specifically using SQL to build queries, reports and analyze healthcare data.
3+ years' experience with the Microsoft Reporting Tool SSRS
Bachelor's Degree in MIS or IT
5-10 years in Medicaid IT, including experience with HIPAA code sets and business rules
2+ years' experience with state Medicaid agencies and/or vendors focusing on analysis or provider, member and claims data.
Microsoft SQL training and/or certification preferred
BCforward began as IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customer's needs into a full-service personnel solution organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BC ,forward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE-certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customer's specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to, and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 202125 when responding to this ad.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago
Posted about 4 hours ago