AmTrust Financial Services, a fast-growing commercial insurance company, is seeking a Clerical Supervisor. This position will supervise a group of Claim Assistants as well as perform other duties. Claims experience is preferred as this position will be responsible for assigning Complex claims, which requires both the ability to identify severity and the skill set to assign claims to the appropriate staff accurately. This position is also responsible for monitoring production activity, training, assisting with special projects and perform any other tasks that may arise.
- You are a thought leader and problem solver.
- You are passionate about customer service.
- You can translate company strategies into tactical goals that your team will execute;
- You are inquisitive and data driven.
- You make AmTrust an employer of choice/talent destination.
- Assign new tasks, projects and training to unit members based on complexity and skill set of staff.
- Completes regular quality audits of staff's work, records results and counsels' staff to bring work to or above standards.
- Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards.
- Recognizing great work and creating employee engagement daily.
- Establish and execute controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards.
- Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency.
- May recruit, hire and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers and disciplinary action.
- Manages personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration.
- Manages the development and training of subordinates.
What We Offer:
- Exceptional leadership skills plus the ability to plan, organize, delegate and develop corporate human resources.
- Analytical and human relations skills are critical.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction.
- Sound command of the English language.
- Ability to operate business technology.
- Self-directed, self-motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- High School Degree required. College Degree or substantial completion preferred.
- Insurance Claims experience not required but preferred;
- Valid adjuster's license in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such, if required by subordinate position duties.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice.