GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Supervisor, Food Service
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Food Service Supervisor to participate in food production with standardized recipes at Linthicum, MD. The ideal candidate will be friendly, outgoing, and reliable.
Guest Services, Inc. offers amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more! Apply today to join our All Star Team!
In accordance with Guest Services, Inc.'s (Guest Services) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting a vaccination policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, that can be reduced by vaccinations. All employees are required to receive vaccinations as determined by Guest Services, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
The Food Service Supervisor assists the Manager in all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Food Service Supervisor assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests' complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of dining area, cashier stations, and/or food stations to ensure quality standards.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff at the direction of the Manager. Train hourly staff for peak performance and monitor staff's development.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in related management required.
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Food service equipment (pots and pans, stove, fridge, fryers, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.