Location: Parsippany, NJ
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world's most innovative and effective products for animal health-medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices-and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
The Zoetis Tax Intern will focus on assisting the tax department with the numerous tasks to support the preparation of our federal and state tax returns, respond to tax authorities related to notices received, support our tax planning and transfer pricing activities as needed, and assistance with audit notices.
Internship Job Duties:
- Assist tax department with the preparation of schedules to support tax return workpapers using Microsoft Excel and other software programs
- Assist tax department with gathering supporting workpapers for audits and sox compliance
- Assist tax department with the preparation of income tax provision schedules using Microsoft Excel
- Assist tax department with the preparation of our tax balance sheet reconciliation schedules using Microsoft Excel
- Assist with the gathering, calculating, and reconciling of state apportionment information.
- Assist with state estimates, extension and return filing process, including preparing payment requests and maintaining the tax compliance calendar
- Assist in managing the retention of tax records, tax returns, and other documents
- Assist tax department with follow up on requested refunds
- Assist with tracking state tax notices and preparing responses to inquiries from state tax authorities.
- Assist with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with the review of US tax returns for certain US and foreign entities
- Assist with updating Zoetis legal entity chart
- Sophomore or Junior in college (pursuing accounting or finance degree)
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products required
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.