As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
We are the Clinical Ancillary Management (CAM) Business Unit in the Clinical Trials Division (CTD): We Supply the Hope that Changes Lives
CAM as part of CTD partners with pharmaceutical and biotech customers around the world to ensure the right patients get the right ancillary supplies to administer the right doses at the right time - a concept that we internally adopt as "There is a Patient Waiting." Our unique blend of CTD services includes Solutions, Sourcing and Project management of packaging, labelling, distribution, transportation management and specialty logistics.
Your Role in that Mission:
As a member of Global Clinical Ancillary Management team, you are part of One Global Team: Empowered to Act, Make Connections and Get Results for our customers and their patients.
The Team Leader demonstrates excellent people management and development capabilities with advanced project management experience and life sciences industry knowledge. The ability to organize and effectively manage a team of project managers responsible for portfolios of complex client projects. Creative problem solving, cross-functional collaboration and team performance management and development combined with life sciences industry knowledge enables success in the role.
As Demonstrated By:Project Management
- Day to day line management of a team of project managers providing mentoring and coaching.
- Performance Leads and develops a team of project managers. Maintain team accountable for their ongoing performance, acknowledges outstanding behaviors and enable performance improvement actions, if required.
- Conduct regular team meetings to assess the status of studies, identify resources, and proactively address issues.
- Supervise training requirements of all team members and compliance against GxP processes and procedures.
- Interpret protocols and quotes to assess resource requirements for opportunities.
- Handles project assignments and reviews team capacity to find the best fit and resolve resource requirements.
- Collect and analyse financial information pertinent to budgeting and forecasting activity for the team.
- Attends and represents CAM Services at key meetings, including operational governance, business reviews, key project kick-off meetings and client visits.
- Provides operational oversight for teams client portfolio and has accountability for the delivery of CAM services.
- Be the management contact for clients and support for the effective and expedient resolution of complaints and issues.
- Acts as a management connector within the company, collaborating and coordinating with management functions in internal departments and has direct oversight contact with external customers.
- Initiates and coordinates the involvement of appropriate customers, providing continuous communication with those departments, and ensures the work delivered to customers is of a consistently high standard.
- Identifies and organizes the identification and implementation of continuous practical process improvements to improve the employee and customer experience.
- Ensures project management coverage is maintained for consistent reliable service delivery.
- When required, stands in for project managers to lead and facilitates customer teleconferences and visits as the need arises, and provides timely provision of customer reports and updates.
- Connects and collaborates with Quality Assurance/Regulatory personnel to drive Problem Reports to closure.
- Ensures customer needs are properly translated into quotation revisions and has responsibility to monitor and amend the quote and budget as the need arises.
- Accountable for revenue recognition of teams assigned projects and maintenance of revenue forecast in required systems.
- Leads, participates in, and coordinates cross-functional business process improvement activities as required.
- Works closely together with the account executives to gain overall customer satisfaction.
- Applies GXP in all areas of responsibility
- Onboards, trains, mentors, leads new colleagues within and across the team.
- Responsible for creating and reporting performance metrics to ensure business success.
- Work closely with the leadership to ensure standard methodology, training and procedural aspects are aligned globally.
- Represent and appropriately positions the services for potential clients.
- Apply standard project management methodology principles to develop processes and associated GxP procedures and training materials.
- Stay on top of relevant cGMPs, GCPs, and other regulatory requirements and ensure study management activities are aligned.
Client Relationship Management
- Oversight and handles large, complex portfolio of projects and programs for multiple clients and responsible for a team of project managers responsible for planning and delivery for projects.
- Organises portfolio, program and project(s) in line with client strategies by demonstrating an entrepreneurial approach; optimizes processes to identify needs, defines resources requirements, supervises performance and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Develops methods to proactively identify, monitor, and evaluate client challenges and partners with cross functional teams to identify solutions and deliver positive outcomes. Mentors other team members on project resolution.
- Pro-actively defines, tracks, and negotiates expenses, budgets, and revisions in response to project achievements and performance.
- Extensive understanding of customer contract terms and conditions; skilled in negotiation skills and techniques and coaches others in effective contract management.
- Excellent effective communicator with the ability to efficiently present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients.
- Strong customer leadership skills: proactively anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Highly skilled at performing and interpreting comprehensive need analyses which reflect an understanding of the customer's target market and value proposition.
- Thorough knowledge of Thermo Fisher's solutions portfolio and industry and capable of articulating how Thermo Fishers' value proposition is superior to competitor offerings.
Project Management Leadership
- In depth understanding of clinical trials and other business services.
- Has sophisticated technical capabilities, business management expertise and problem solving expertise.
- Apply the understanding of standard methodologies to develop new or improve existing business processes and appropriately document, revise or develop associated training materials.
- Designing and implementing strategic oversight plans to forecast and supply ancillaries to global clinical trials, using sound supply chain techniques.
- Handles project oversight efficiently in different systems to provide accurate forecasting information to leadership. Maintains accountability for individual and team outcomes.
- Proactively advances the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes, procedures, and outputs.
- Collaborates well, builds effective business relationships and brings new or alternative perspectives forward to overcome difficulty or uncertainty and builds a coalition.
- Responsible for supervising the implementation of project schedules for the assigned client and ensure key project management result are provided to the client at each project lifecycle stage by the FCS team.
- Crafts S.M.A.R.T. objectives and forms a realistic action roadmap with timelines.
- Assumes the leadership role on projects as appropriate, leads and supports cross-functional teams to be successful, and strategically plans an effective and efficient timeline to be completed on time.
- Working with both internal and external stake holders to ensure consistent communication of clinical trial material supply status. Identifying potential risks, defining and implementing risk mitigation plans.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Years of Experience:
- +6 Years of proven ability in client facing project management and people management roles within the pharmaceutical and or life sciences industry preferred; experience with clinical trials preferred but not required
- 4 years' proven experience if holding an advanced degree
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Compensation and Benefits
The salary range estimated for this position based in New York is $92,900.00-$139,325.00.
This position may also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our U.S. colleagues and their families can count on, which includes:
- A choice of national medical and dental plans, and a national vision plan, including health incentive programs
- Employee assistance and family support programs, including commuter benefits and tuition reimbursement
- At least 120 hours paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays annually, paid parental leave (3 weeks for bonding and 8 weeks for caregiver leave), accident and life insurance, and short- and long-term disability in accordance with company policy
- Retirement and savings programs, such as our competitive 401(k) U.S. retirement savings plan
- Employees' Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) offers eligible colleagues the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount
For more information on our benefits, please visit: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/total-rewards
This job has expired.