Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Vice President, Deputy General Counsel - Litigation will lead a new in-house litigation department responsible for all Company litigation. Reporting to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel, responsibilities will include developing and implementing strategies for complex commercial litigation in collaboration with the General Counsel and executive leadership, advising on litigation risk, and engaging with internal and external stakeholders, including the retention and managing of outside counsel.
- Accountable for performing and managing all litigation and other contentious matters through the trial and appellate stages, including among other things research, pleadings, motions, discovery, depositions, conferences, trials, mediations, arbitrations, and appeals.
- Advise the General Counsel and other members of the management team and business leaders focusing on the most important litigation risks and issues facing the organization.
- Recommend key legal and/or litigation strategies and resolutions to senior/executive management.
- Work with business leaders to negotiate, document and oversee settlement negotiations with outside parties on legal disputes.
- Manage litigation budgets and expenses.
- Manage litigation paralegals and other related staff.
- Work with the Company's internal and external insurance experts and providers.
- Oversee internal procedures and standards for document discovery and prepare and review court filings.
- Keep business current on a wide range of litigation and related best practices.
- Manage responses to informal requests for information and formal investigatory requests from regulatory and government agencies, as needed.
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries including identification, research, analysis, and evaluation of risks to provide appropriate legal advice and risk management.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, which may be modified to support business needs.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school, with excellent academic credentials.
- 10+ years of relevant experience required, preferably within an established law firm or in-house litigation department with a demonstrated record of achievement.
- Proven and experienced litigator with an excellent reputation.
- A strong business acumen, preferably in the Energy industry.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- This position may require routine or periodic travel.
- Proven, effective leadership = skills with the ability successfully lead and develop a team of people.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and autonomous judgment, often with limited direction or information.
- Demonstrated negotiation and relational skills to effectively manage communication with attorneys, insureds and claimants.
- Ability to adapt to changing legal, legislative, economic and social environments.
- Motivated, poised professional with excellent work ethic.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with and alongside people at all levels.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.